Hangar 9 Spitfire MkIX 30cc ARF HAN4495
The Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX was the premier interceptor of the series used by the Royal Air Force during WWII. Based on the lessons learned during the Battle of Britain, what set the MK IX apart was its ability to match the startling performance of the Focke-Wulf Fw-190 unleashed by the Luftwaffe. So inspired by the maneuverability, reliability and top speed performance of the Mk IX, Spitfire pilots even tangled with invading Me-262 jets where their 20mm cannons proved to be a tremendous asset.
The Hangar 9® 1/5 Spitfire Mk IX 30cc ARF captures the supremacy, grace and scale outline in a way that makes the famed RAF weapon of choice come alive especially for RC pilots who enjoy the 30cc gas engine and the popularity it is earning. Loaded with realistic scale details and the option to drop in E-flite® electric retracts, the crowning feature that sets this ARF apart from all other warbird models is the printed covering in authentic Mk IX flat camouflage colors. Using genuine UltraCote® material, the appearance rivals an expertly applied paint finish, yet offers the convenience and durability of UltraCote film. Plus you get fine-point panel and marking detail that’s as authentic as it gets.
Like the full-scale pilots of the Mk IX back in the day, when you’ll truly appreciate the state-of-the-art engineering of this Hangar 9 model is in the air where victory rolls and predictable slow-speed handling will quickly exceed your expectations of what a great RC warbird experience should include. That’s because every member of the product development team is an expert pilot who knows that a poor flying warbird fails the mission. So they put the time in to deliver the warbird charisma missing from this class of scale models, without compromising the smooth and stabile handling that makes a warbird pilot want to fly more often.
- Accurate representation of the scale outline - finished with printed flat-finish UltraCote® film with accurate color and panel line detail
- Operational split-flaps with internal linkages for scale performance and appearance
- Lightweight balsa and plywood construction with airfoiled tail surfaces
- Includes fixed landing gear, gear doors, scale tires and 4-spoke Spitfire wheels - Optional E-flite electric retracts with struts available
- Three-piece, plug-in wings simplify transportation and assembly
- Removable magnetic top-hatch provides access and conceals power switches
- Complete, high-quality hardware package included - Optional electric motor installation kit available
- Painted, one-piece canopy and detailed cockpit - Cowl details include carburettor intake, compressor intake and molded engine exhaust
- Painted, aluminium spinner included
- Removable wing canons and radio antenna detail included
- Molded wing radiators are finished with matching paint
- Includes two scale decal and identification number sets
Can be fitted with E-Flite Power 160 electric motor (available separately) when using optional electric motor fitting kit HAN449518
Requires 30-40cc 2 stroke nitro/petrol engine or 30cc 4 stroke engine (not included)
1650mm (65 inch)
6+ Channel recommended with 8 servos (7 for electric flight)
17-19inch; APC 18x8W (HFL7906) for EVOE33GX, APC 19 x 10E for EP (HFL7656)
None - Spektrum SPMSA6180 recommended
2050mm (81 inch)
|Manufacture's Part Number||HAN4495|