E-Flite Havoc Xe 80mm EDF Sport Jet BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select EFL7550
The Elite Aerosports HAVOC series of turbine-powered RC jets has redefined the ultimate sport jet experience. From ultra-slow and smooth low passes and landings to high-speed, high-energy aerobatics and everything in between, their uniquely wide and unmatched performance envelopes make them the sport jets almost everyone dreams of owning and flying someday. The E-flite® HAVOC Xe 80mm EDF makes that dream a reality by offering the same incredible flight experience in an officially-licensed, scaled-down version of the HAVOC X — delivering one of highest-performance and best-handling electric ducted fan powered sport jets EVER!
The E-flite® HAVOC Xe 80mm EDF has an extremely wide flight envelope that combines with incredible performance and aerobatic capability to make it an excellent choice for experienced and first-time jet pilots alike. At its core is a 6S compatible brushless motor and 100-amp ESC that are matched to a 12-blade fan that works with the expertly engineered and optimized ducting to deliver an abundance of speed, thrust and a turbine-like sound – without the need for "cheater" holes. It's capable of top speeds up to 140+ MPH and has nearly unlimited vertical performance, plus it can fit batteries from 4000mAh to 8000mAh to deliver unmatched flight times up to an amazing 10-12+ minutes (with corresponding throttle management)!
Reliable electric retracts with shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts on the nose and main gear make it possible to easily fly from grass and other surfaces. The large flaps can travel both ways and can be mixed to offer full-span aileron control (with 7+ channel receivers/transmitters) that delivers the fastest roll rate ever seen in a jet. The eight metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages are factory-installed and provide precise control, and the fully-molded EPO airframe is lightweight yet durable. Best of all no glue is required for assembly, and the factory-finished one-piece wing, one-piece stab and fuselage bolt together with just nine screws so final assembly takes almost no time. And it all combines to deliver an elite EDF sport jet experience unlike any other!
- An officially-licensed, scaled-down version of the ultimate sport jet — the Elite Aerosports HAVOC X
- One of the highest-performance and best-handling EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) sport jets EVER
- An excellent choice for a larger first EDF jet model because it's easy to take off, fly and land
- Extremely wide performance envelope and speed range, with top speeds up to 140+ MPH
- The fastest "rolling" jet ever when using "mixed" ailerons and flaps as full-span ailerons
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC
- 12-blade 80mm fan delivers excellent top speed and nearly unlimited vertical performance
- Expertly engineered and optimized ducting for incredibly efficient performance without "cheater" holes
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000–8000mAh to deliver flight times up to an amazing 10-12+ minutes
- Factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages and pocket hinges on all control surfaces
- Spektrum™ AR636 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Reliable electric retracts with shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts for grass and other field operation
- Bolt-on wing and stab for extremely quick and easy assembly/disassembly and for convenient storage/transport
- Strong and easy to install/remove one-piece composite reinforced wing with hands-free connection system.
- Durable yet lightweight, fully molded EPO airframe factory-finished in a vibrant, high-visibility trim scheme
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Extra-large and convenient canopy top hatch with extremely large battery compartment
- Plastic capped nose tip and ventral fins for added durability and protection
From Dream To Reality
Over the last few years, the Elite Aerosports HAVOC series of turbine-powered RC jets redefined the ultimate sport jet experience and became some of the most popular models flown at jet events and contests worldwide. Capable of smooth and stable slow flight plus high-speed, high energy aerobatics and everything in between, they've become the sport jets almost everyone dreams of owning and flying. The E-flite HAVOC Xe 80mm EDF makes that dream a reality by offering the same incredible flight experience in one of the highest-performance and best-handling EDF sport jets yet! This makes it a perfect choice for experienced pilots, but it's also an excellent choice for a larger first EDF jet model because it's easy to take off, fly and land.
The 12-blade 80mm fan, high-RPM brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC deliver nearly unlimited vertical performance with 6S batteries. Expertly engineered and optimized ducting eliminates the need for "cheater" holes and delivers top speeds up to an incredible 140+ MPH. The efficient power system and aerodynamics combine with 4000–5000mAh batteries to deliver higher performance and longer-than-typical flight times compared to other similar class models. And the extremely large battery compartment can easily fit batteries from 7000–8000mAh to deliver amazing and unmatched flight times up to 10-12+ minutes with corresponding throttle management – and even when performing loops from level flight and other aerobatics around half throttle.
Shock-absorbing, trailing link struts on the nose and main gear soak up the bumps of rough surfaces including grass and make it possible to fly from a wider variety of fields. The reliable electric retracts are equipped with durable metal components, and the steerable nose wheel plus wide-spaced main gear offers excellent ground handling.
The HAVOC's unique design offers incredible handling across a wide speed range and flight envelope. It's capable of rock-solid high-speed flight so you can perform locked-in low-level flybys, plus aerobatic maneuvers including giant loops, point rolls, practically endless knife edge flight and more. It's also capable of smooth and stable slow flight, plus slower-than-expected landings.
The composite reinforced EPO airframe is lightweight yet durable, plus it's factory-finished in a vibrant, high-visibility trim scheme. And the factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
Fast and Easy Assembly
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the HAVOC Xe ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The one-piece wing with an innovative hands-free connection system, one-piece stab and fuselage bolt together with just nine screws.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3–aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes it feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits - These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
Automatic Self-Leveling - The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment- No Programming Required - The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
|Airfoil Shape:||Fully symmetrical|
|Approximate Assembly Time:||Less than 1 Hour|
|CG (Center of Gravity):||3.9 - 4.9" (100 - 125mm) from leading edge of wing measured at fuselage|
|Charger:||Compatible with selected battery (sold separately)|
|Completion Level:||Bind-N-Fly Basic|
|Control Throw (Flaps):||0.67" (17mm) take off, 1.2" (30mm) landing w/2.0 sec speed|
|Control Throw - High (Ailerons):||Up/down 0.59" (15mm)|
|Control Throw - High (Elevator):||Up/down 0.59" (15mm)|
|Control Throw - High (Rudder):||Left/right 1.1" (28mm)|
|Control Throw - Low (Ailerons):||Up/down 0.39" (10mm)|
|Control Throw - Low (Elevator):||Up 0.43" (11mm), down 0.39" (10mm)|
|Control Throw - Low (Rudder):||Left/right 0.79" (20mm)|
|Expo (Ailerons):||Low rate 10%, high rate 18%|
|Expo (Elevator):||Low rate 6%, high rate 12%|
|Expo (Rudder):||Low rate 5%, high rate 10%|
|Fan Size:||3.1" (80mm)|
|Flying Weight:||5.38 - 6.74 lbs (2440 - 3057 g)|
|Landing Gear:||Retractable Tricycle Gear with Steerable Nose Wheel|
|Minimum Required Radio:||6-channel full range|
|Minimum Speed Control:||100A w/8A BEC|
|Recommended Motor Battery:||6S LiPo 4000 - 8000mAh (sold separately)|
|Servos:||13g analog metal gear|
|Wing Area:||366 sq in (23.6 sq dm)|
Needed to Complete
Full-range 6–7+ channel Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
6S 22.2V 4000–8000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ Connector
Compatible LiPo charger
What's in the Box?
(1) E-flite HAVOC Xe 80mm EDF with:
(1) 100A Brushless ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Inrunner Motor (installed)
(8) Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum™ AR636 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
(1) Product Manual
|Manufacture's Part Number||EFL7550|